This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi has the most incredible creamy sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. This is an easy comforting meal packed with flavor that can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
If you love that delicious Tuscan flavor, here are some other great recipes to try! Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy restaurant quality meal. And, if you’re a seafood fan, this Creamy Tuscan Garlic Shrimp or this version with salmon should definitely be on your dinner list.
Creamy Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi
Tuscan recipes like this Creamy Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi are so flavorful, yet so easy to make! This dish only requires 9 ingredients, including the seasoning, and comes together in less than 30 minutes. The sauce with parmesan cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes is out of this word, and tastes like something you’d order at a fancy Italian restaurant. The gnocchi is the refrigerated variety, found with other refrigerated pastas at the grocery store. It’s easy to cook and turns out pillowy soft and so cozy.
Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi is a great meal to cook up on busy weeknights when you need something hassle-free in a hurry. We often enjoy this dish with a delicious salad and Italian bread twists or garlic bread. It’s a meal to impress, yet involves a no-fuss prep with crowd-pleasing results. Add this recipe to your dinner menu very soon!
The ingredient list is very simple requiring easy to find ingredients that come together to make a vegetarian dinner that your family will love! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact measurements.
- Gnocchi: Use refrigerated gnocchi for best results.
- Olive Oil: For frying the gnocchi in the pan.
- Heavy Cream: Makes the sauce rich and luscious.
- Chicken Broth: Adds liquid and flavor to the sauce to get the perfect consistency.
- Parmesan Cheese: I recommend freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor and consistency in your sauce.
- Garlic Powder: Gives the dish a boost of delicious savory flavor.
- Italian Seasoning: This homemade Italian seasoning is easy to make and will give your sauce incredible flavor. Feel free to use store-bought, if you’d like.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Adds a tart acidity to the sauce that is a great balance to the creaminess.
- Spinach: Use freshly chopped spinach to add a pop of color and extra nutrients to the sauce.
How to Make Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi
One of the best parts of this meal is that you can quickly and easily put together a drool-worthy dinner at home. It’s so easy, but looks and tastes gourmet. Here’s the simple process:
- Fry the Gnocchi: In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add in the gnocchi and fry until golden for a few minutes until golden and crisp. Remove the gnocchi from the skillet and set aside.
- Make Sauce: Returning to the same skillet, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium-high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add Vegetables: Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Combine: Add the fried gnocchi back to the pan with the sauce. Then gently toss to combine.
Tips and Variations
Creamy Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi is a family-friendly dinner that everyone will enjoy. And, if you’ve never tried gnocchi, now’s the time to whip this up! Here’s some tips and ways to make this recipe your own.
- Add Veggies: Steamed asparagus or a fresh green salad, like this Kale Caesar Salad, are light sides that would complement this meal.
- Add Protein: To boost the protein of this dish, feel free to add in some shredded chicken or serve this alongside baked chicken or air fryer salmon.
- Substitute Cream: Half and half is an acceptable substitute, but your sauce will be slightly more watery and not quite as rich.
- Don’t Overcook the Spinach: Add the spinach towards the end of simmering to retain its bright color and tasty texture. You want it to be just wilted, not mushy.
- Adjust Consistency: If your Tuscan sauce becomes too thick, you can always adjust the consistency by adding a splash of chicken broth or cream until it’s just right.
- Garnish With Herbs: To give the finished a gorgeous presentation and a little bit of extra flavor, top your gnocchi with fresh chopped basil or parsley!
This recipe is so delicious, it’s rare to have leftovers of this Creamy Tuscan Parmesan Gnocchi! But if you do, it stores very well and tastes wonderful the next day!
- In the Refrigerator: Let the gnocchi cool completely. Then, transfer it to an airtight container, and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- In the Freezer: You can freeze this for a quick and easy meal later! Place it in an airtight freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: If frozen, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, you can heat it up on the stove over medium heat. Be sure to whisk the sauce thoroughly to bring it back to its original creamy consistency. Add additional chicken broth or cream, if your sauce is breaking.
Pin this now to find it later
In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the olive oil. Add in the gnocchi and fry until golden for a few minutes until golden and crisp. Remove the gnocchi from the skillet and set aside.
Returning to the same skillet, add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium-high heat until it starts to thicken.
Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
Add the fried gnocchi back to the pan with the sauce. Gently toss to combine.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 655kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 17gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 850mgPotassium: 654mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2353IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 414mgIron: 5mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.