This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Crunchy Frito corn salad is a fun side dish bursting with Mexican-inspired flavors! Corn, cheese, peppers, and onion get tossed in a tasty dressing and mixed with Fritos corn chips. A surprising FAVORITE at any get-together!
Let’s talk side dishes! A good side dish is the way to any guest’s heart. The best ones always go first, and this Frito corn salad is definitely one of those. Have lots of options because your hungry guests will want to try it all. A few of my favorite side dishes are this salad, this yummy jello, or these amazing beans.
What is Frito Corn Salad?
As silly as it sounds to put chips in a salad, this Frito corn salad is where it’s at! This easy salad recipe starts with a base of sweet corn, cheese, bell pepper, and onion. Toss together with a creamy taco-flavored dressing and crunchy corn chips then you have an explosion of flavors! Just like a bag of chips, this salad is irresistible. You won’t be able to stop at just one bite!
I LOVE corn and I’m always looking for new recipe inspiration for corn. It’s such a versatile ingredient that can be used to taste savory or sweet. Try this easy air fryer corn on the cob and this flavorful corn salad. But you will love the texture of cornmeal in these amazing cornbread pancakes. Corn can shine in so many delicious ways and I hope you give these recipes a try!
Ingredients For Frito Corn Salad
The fun part of this salad is the fritos! My kids love the addition of the chips. They’re salty and crunchy and add great texture. It’s a perfect side dish for any potluck or BBQ. Follow the recipe card below for exact measurements.
- Canned Corn: Make sure to drain the corn! Thawed frozen corn can also be used.
- Colby Jack Cheese: I love the flavor of this cheese but use your favorite cheese!
- Red Bell Pepper: Any bell pepper works in this salad. I like the sweetness of the red bell peppers.
- Red Onion: The added flavor of red onion is a must! I also garnish with green onions.
- Fritos Corn Chips: Yes, a bag of Fritos gives this salad that added crunch! Use chili cheese Fritos for added flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to taste.
- Cilantro: Chop fresh cilantro then garnish on top for added flavor.
- Mayonnaise: The base of the dressing for this salad.
- Lime Juice: A little tang and brightness for the dressing.
- Taco Seasoning: Adds the perfect seasonings to the dressing.
Let’s Make the Best Corn Salad
This Frito corn salad is the perfect combination of flavors to create the best summertime salad. It’s fresh and bursting with textures! It comes together quickly and can be made ahead of time. Perfect for potlucks and parties.
- Combine the Corn, Peppers, Onions, and Cheese: To a large bowl, add the drained corn, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- Make the Dressing: To make the dressing, add the mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and lime juice to a medium bowl then whisk to combine.
- Combine the Salad and Dressing Ingredients and Chill: Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients then gently toss to coat the ingredients well. Chill for 2-24 hours because the flavors will intensify and fully develop!
- Stir in the Chips: Finally, add the corn chips before serving, then toss to combine.
- Garnish and Serve: Last, garnish with fresh cilantro and additional cheese. Enjoy!
This frito corn salad recipe is so versatile! Add or switch up the flavors to make it your own. Here are some tips and a few ideas on how you can customize this salad to make it perfect for you and your guests!
- Add Protein: Make this salad more hearty by adding chicken, ground beef, pork, or steak. Then you can serve it as a meal! For a vegetarian option, then add black beans.
- Chips: Switch up the chips and use chili cheese Fritos for extra flavor. If you can’t find Fritos, use regular corn tortilla chips. Doritos would also be delicious! Crush the chips or barely crush them at all, the choice is yours!
- Switch up the Veggies: Add or leave out any veggies you want! Use any color or combination of bell peppers or try adding a diced tomato, that would be yummy!
- Make it Spicy: Add diced jalapenos for some added heat! A pinch of cayenne or hot sauce also does the trick.
This is the absolute BEST salad to make in advance! It’s even better as it sits. So, follow my tips below for making this salad ahead of time and for storing leftovers…if you have any! This Frito corn salad recipe is best made and chilled ahead of time! Lastly, stir in the corn chips just before serving and add the amount of chips you desire, it’s up to you!
- In the Refrigerator: Store the leftover salad in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Make Ahead: Prepare at least 2 hours or up to 1 day in advance. Leave out the corn chips then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve! Finally, add the chips right before serving then stir and enjoy!
Pin this now to find it later
To a large bowl, add the drained corn, peppers, onions, and cheese.
To make the dressing, add the mayonnaise, taco seasoning, and lime juice to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and gently toss to coat the ingredients well. Chill for 2-24 hours.
Right be serving, add the Fritos corn chips and toss to combine.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and additional cheese. Enjoy!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 501kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 11gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 641mgPotassium: 252mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 874IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 223mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.